The Art of Solving Problems
Every single day we are faced with problems. They are a fact of life and never go away.
Some, we can fix easily, but other problems are not as easy to solve. When we do not take action, stress can build up until we do not know what to do next. This is an easy way to tackle problems. Changing the way you view problems can be especially helpful. Instead of seeing problems, see life challenges that require solutions and them become diligent at working it out The next time you are facing a problem, consider a new approach and follow these steps:
Mental Health – Solving Problems
- Step 1: Decide what the problem is. Try to be as clear as possible. It is easier to solve a problem when you know what needs to be fixed. And stick to the current issue, if you bring in too many past issues you’ll get confused and more distressed.
- Step 2: Think of different solutions or end goals. Think of as many as you can. Write them all down, even if they seem silly.
- Step 3: Decide on the solution that you believe will work best and feels right for you.
- Step 4: Decide what you need to do to implement your solution. This is your plan. You can break your plan into smaller steps if you need to.
- Step 5: Put your plan into action. Remember to use your balanced thinking skills. Step 6: Look back to see if your plan worked.
If it did not work, pick a different solution from your list in Step 2 and make a new plan. Keep going until you find a solution that works. The more practised you become at problem solving the more you will feel that you can manage whatever comes your way.